By the end of the Foundation Certificate, students will have acquired the ability to:
- conduct research into an area of historical debate, including the use of online digital archives;
- chart the course of political and intellectual developments across an expanse of time and space;
- comprehend and analyse complex historical subjects;
- engage with the historiography of the period;
- write critically and confidently about historical events.
Lectures and tutorials on the Foundation Certificate are designed and delivered by AHP academics as well as academics from leading African studies departments around the world.
Students have 12 months from registration to complete the required courses, attend the live lectures and tutorials, and submit the assignments.
- 4 x 1000-word essay
- Lecture and tutorial attendance and participation
Certificate and Reference
On successful completion of the Foundation Certificate, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Completion and be eligible for an academic reference.
How to Enrol
Please click on the link below to access the enrolment page.